The accordion lessons are held in groups up to 5 students. Lessons last one hour and takes place twice a week. After the third year, students begin the study of Musical Theory. The course lasts six years and is open for students of 7 years old and above. For those who wish to expand their knowledge on Greek folk music there is an additional seventh year of study.
Group classes aim to develop and cultivate team spirit and group mentality to the young players, which is essential for their proper education as musicians. Students begin with working on simple rebetiko songs, they work solely by ear and not by reading score, thus developing their comprehension of basic understanding of music. After the third grade, along with musical theory, they begin a more advanced work on the playing, understanding and learning of the greek rebetiko/folk music in general and the accordion in particular.
- Knowledge of greek rebetiko / folk music on experiential and theoretical basis.
- Development of technical ability.
- Comprehension of the accordion and its role on the orchestra.
- Learning of the folk repertoire.
- Group and Orchestral playing.
- Development of an autonomous musical identity.