Byzantine music lessons are addressed to children 7 years old and above, as well as to adults. The basic study program lasts 5 or 7 years depending on the needs of every student. Children between the ages of 7-9 must first attend a preparatory course for one year. Lessons are held in groups up to 5 students, they take place twice a week and last one hour.
The study program includes: teaching hymns by hearing, reading of music notation, theory of Byzantine music, Byzantine music practice, Functional and Formal Church lessons, and history of Church music – hymnology elements.
- To deepen interpretation in Byzantine Ecclesiastical Chant.
- To develop vocal skills as soloists.
- To get chorister skills and join in vocal ensembles or choruses and participate in religious and cultural events.
- To develop music identity.
- To be able to chant in Church, after the completion of studies.
- To communicate through music.
- To create a lifelong relationship with music.