The basic study program lasts 6 years, divided into three 2 – year cycles, and is open for students over 7 years old, as well as adults. For those who wish to expand their knowledge on Greek folk music there is an additional seventh year of study. For new students, first lessons are individual, and later continue into groups up to 5 students. Lessons last one hour and are held twice a week. After the third year the second hour every week is used for basic music theory lessons and this because the teaching methodology of ΕΝ ΧΟΡΔΑΙΣ & ΟΡΓΑΝΟΙΣ is based firstly on the creation of an experiential connection between the student and the instrument and then on the theoretical education.
The course approaches the greek folk / rebetiko music, from Markos Vamvakaris to our contemporary great composers, Theodorakis, Hadjidakis, Xarhakos etc. The lessons are enriched with historical facts and new technologies for interactive learning are used. Finally, through grouped lessons between students of the same and different instruments, musical ensembles are created and practice in order to conduct concerts.
- Improving musical perception.
- Development of technical ability.
- Experiential contact with the greek folk / rebetiko music.
- Learning of important parts of the repertoire.
- Learning the musical scales and rhythms of folk music
- Music improvisation.
- Group and Orchestral playing.
- Preparation for concerts.
- Developing of a distinct music identity.