Music Technology is a modern science of sound recording of the original musical ideas of every musician – creator using computer system (DAW Hardware) and software (DAW Software). It enables a complete orchestration with a clear sound “image” of the pitch and the number of instruments within a musical work – piece. It is one of the specialties where graduates can work in the field of music and entertainment with their main fields as follows: Theater, school, conservatory, Κ.Ε.Κ., recording studio, concerts and live speech and music events, TV and radio, music publications, multimedia applications.
In particular, the graduate of Music Technology can be employed as:
- Head of music (schools, events, concerts)
- Technician in music productions and concerts
- Responsible for processing audio material with music data in the professional and amateur sector
- Instructor in music technology department
- Specialist in the music technology of the studio
- Production manager of radio and television programs
The main concern will be in-depth knowledge and not a superficial “update” of the basic concepts of Music Technology in relation to the first section, while for the second section is the essential learning of the specific subject while keeping the interest of the prospective students in combined with the basic music education courses that are already taught in the school or will be taught (if they were young students) such as Basic Music Theory, so that they have a generalized knowledge about music to be able to meet the challenges and requirements of the space in general of Music Production and Recording with modern means and techniques.