Preparatory School refers to children of 5-7 years of age and lasts 1 year. It is consisted of group lessons (up to 6 pupils) once a week. Children, have the opportunity to come in contact with Greek folk / rebetiko music and visual arts . The classes consist of learning with an experiential way (various games, painting. Etc), the basic understanding of music, rhythmology, tonality, etc, learning of several folk songs and ecclesiastical hymns, and also the basic understanding of the basic musical instruments and the way they work.
- Developing of acoustic memory by executing various rhythm and melody forms and schemata, with the body, several sound – producing objects and musical instruments.
- Developing of the ability to identify physical and electronic sounds and categorize by certain characteristics (tone, timbre, duration, intensity).
- Identifying of the sound of musical instruments.
- Developing of their creativity through various activities and experiences.
- To practice and sharpen the pupils’ perception of music.
- To learn music by having fun!